The weather might not be the most cooperative we’ve seen for Homecoming, but the 70th Student Publications Breakfast will go as planned, 9-11 a.m.
The event will start at 9 a.m. on the front lawn of the Adams-Whitaker Student Publications Center. Or, if Mother Nature decides to turn on the spigot, we may move things inside the building and spread out as safely as we can. Game call!
WKU President Timothy Caboni plans to arrive about 9:15 to welcome folks home to the Hill. Typically, he takes some questions.
At 9:45 we’ll have a short program consisting of:
- A welcome from yours truly.
- A brief update on the Herald.
- A brief update on Talisman.
- Our annual alumni honors, the Talisman Award for Outstanding Contributions in Communications and the College Heights Herald Award for Outstanding Contributions to Journalism.
- Recognition for three endowed scholarships created in the past year, the Mike Collins Memorial Scholarship, the Judy Koch Ecker Memorial Scholarship and the Elliott Wells Memorial Scholarship.
- Closing out with the national awards our students and staff have brought home over the past year.
The idea is to keep the program short so you have plenty of time to mingle and socialize with each other — especially since it has been two years since we were able to gather.
For those who can’t make it to Bowling Green, we’re planning to livestream both Caboni’s visit and the formal program here on the Contact Sheet Facebook page (tech gods willing).
And a reminder: The School of Media is hosting a tailgating tent from 11-2:30 p.m. on South Lawn, near the Guthrie chimes.
So come on up to the Hill on Saturday and come home to the Herald and the Talisman! This game is on, rain or shine!