The Student Publications Endowed Fund supports the general operations of WKU Student Publications and its four student-led divisions — the College Heights Herald, the Talisman, Student Publications Advertising and Cherry Creative.
Our effort focuses on having $3 million committed or donated to the Student Publications Endowed Fund by 2024-25, which represents the centennials of our flagship publications — Talisman in 1924 and the College Heights Herald in 1925.
HOW THE FUND WILL BE ADMINISTERED
• The Student Publications Endowed Fund is held in the WKU Foundation and can be used only for WKU Student Publications. It cannot be appropriated for other purposes.
• As an endowed fund, only the earnings from investing the amount donated are available for use, and the principal amount is held in trust. Under current spending policies, funds generate between 3% and 4% per year available to spend.
• The fund will begin to produce proceeds once $10,000 is in the fund, not counting future gifts or pledges.
• Spendable funds are available to the Director of Student Publications, who consults with the Student Publications Advisory Board on the use of those funds.
• The intention is to reinvest all annual proceeds in the fund until the fund reaches $1 million.
• Upon reaching $3 million, the fund will generate at least $90,000 per year in annual proceeds, which will be used to benefit the students working at WKU Student Publications.
Once the fund reaches $1 million, annual proceeds will be used to meet needs that benefit the students, including:
•• Technology, hardware and software.
•• Multimedia equipment.
•• Vehicle costs.
•• Publication operating costs not otherwise covered.
•• Stipends paid directly to students.
WAYS TO GIVE
• A gift outright of cash in a one-time payment.
• A pledge of a certain amount paid in weekly, monthly or quarterly installments over a specified period of up to five years.
• Assignment of real property to be converted to cash.
• Assignment of stock to be converted to cash.
• A provision for a certain amount or a percentage of your estate through your will or trust or by beneficiary designation for a retirement plan or life insurance policy.
Or reach out to Chuck Clark, director, at 270-745-4206, 270-996-7077 or [email protected]