The form to apply for Student Publications scholarships for the 2022-23 academic year is below. The application deadline is Wednesday, March 23.
Our scholarships are restricted to students currently working at Student Publications and committed to working at Student Publications during the full term of any scholarship awarded.
To qualify, you must be a current staff member of Talisman, College Heights Herald, Student Publications Advertising and/or Cherry Creative.
We have nine scholarships, housed in the College Heights Foundation, for which you may apply if you meet the qualifications for the scholarship. Those are:
- Robert R. Adams Journalism Scholarship – $1,400 for 2022-23.
- Bryan Leigh Amstrong Memorial Scholarship – $400 for 2022-23.
- James D. Ausenbaugh Journalism Scholarship – $650 for 2022-23.
- Don E. Collins Scholarship – $2,800 for 2022-23.
- Mike Collins Memorial Scholarship – $400 for 2022-23.
- Judith Koch Ecker Memorial Scholarship – $500 for 2022-23.
- Miss Frances Richards Journalism Scholarship – $1,800 for 2022-23.
- Paul and Ellen Schuhmann Student Publications Scholarship – $6,000 for 2022-23.
- Lowell L. and Opal F. Valentine Scholarship – $1,400 for 2022-23.
- Elliott Wells Memorial Scholarship in Sports Journalism – $400 for 2022-23.
- David B. Whitaker Scholarship – $1,200 for 2022-23
In addition to the 11 scholarships listed above (some of which may be split into multiple awards), we also have the Red O’Donnell Award and Scholarship, in which the professional staff chooses the outstanding staffer at Student Publications who is returning for the coming academic year. There is no application.
All of these scholarships are funded by alumni and friends of WKU Student Publications.