Here’s the info:
Do you push the envelope? Do you want to be on the leading edge of the digital expansion and transformation of news media? The Evansville Courier & Press is looking for a digital content producer who can tell stories with video, engage social media audiences, and create, edit and curate news content in real time for our digital platforms.
A successful candidate will:
- Have a strong desire to focus on web- and mobile-based content
- Be able to shoot and edit compelling video
- Be creative, have good people skills, and be able to handle deadline pressure and the need to multitask
- Have the nose and the spine for covering breaking news
- Have strong newspaper-style writing, editing and headline skills
- Be able to adapt quickly to new technologies, including those used to post content to digital platforms
- Have the knowledge and ability to update social media channels throughout the day with the right content at the right time
- BS/BA in related discipline or commensurate experience.
- 3 – 5 years of web and/or digital content experience
- Must have experience with content management systems, HTML, Audio Editing, Image Editing, CSS and Social Networking.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
What we offer: As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
You can apply here.